Thursday, September 4, 2008

Making Progress

Things are moving along nicely for Dumal. He's currently level 75, and more than halfway to level 76. The leveling speed feels comfortable, though in the middle range of a bracket, it usually does. I'm sure 79 to 80 will feel like hell. =P

Upon completing all the quests in both Howling Fjord and Borean Tundra, I moved on to Dragonblight. I had only done the Moa'ki Village quest hub (featured briefly in an earlier post), so I had a ton to finish up here. I think there are roughly 135 quests in Dragonblight, though Borean had over 150. =P Most of the quests are extremely interesting both from a gameplay perspective and a story/lore perspective. I still have yet to be disappointed. =)

Dragonblight is a place where dying dragons go to live out their last days. Like the dragons' Florida. ^_- (Except cold. And strife-ridden.) You interact a LOT with the various dragonflights and their aspects, even doing quests for Alexstrasza the Life-Binder and her consort, Krasus (Korialstrasz, in dragon form). Chromie (from Andorhal) makes a reappearance, as a servant of Nozdormu, the Bronze Dragonflight, and Ysera's off dreaming as usual, though trouble is brewing there as well. The Blue Dragonflight's Aspect, Malygos, is crazy, and is stirring up all sorts of bad stuff. =\

Enough chat, though. Leave a comment if you want to know more. =) Here are some random pics. I'll caption them, as usual. ^^

Geyser Fields, Borean Tunrda. The Gnomes really eff'd this place up! Death to the Alliance!

A Scourge outpost in Borean Tundra. Creepy necropolis overhead, with a few elite group quest mobs inside.

A taunka village. The taunka are a race VERY similar to Taurens, except they're half bison, I think? Instead of cow?

Nothing says "Welcome!" to a Horde member like a pair of these. ^^ Saw these looking for a Horde outpost in Dragonblight, and got all excited. =P

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a Horde outpost.

Some neutral Nerubians outside Azjol-Nerub, a new instance which, for the time being, is closed off for repairs. =\

So I get lost down in these caves, and stumble upon THIS! Looks like an Ahn'Qiraj kind of place!



(3 above) Upon entering the instance portal, this turns out to be Ahn'kahet, an old Nerubian city. Looks really cool, I think. ^^ Should be a fun instance for 73-75. (Reminds me of Zanarkand, on a random note. >.>)

A nice, snowy scene in Dragonblight.

LOVED this quest turn-in text. XD


(2 above) The Wyrmrest Temple. This place takes my breath away every time I see it. This is where you'll find most of the Dragonflights and Aspects. Even a representative of the Black... *shudder* She's mean. =(

Naxxramas now floats in the skies of the eastern Dragonblight. I'm... not impressed. XD

An Undead Spy in New Hearthglen. >.> On a completely unrelated note, there's a guard named Molder at the Forsaken town of Venomspite, Dragonblight... >.>



(3 above) Shots of the Emerald Dragonshire, where Ysera lies dreaming.

Guess she made it out of Andorhal alright. =)

Trolls! :D


(2 above) Shots of the Obsidian Dragonshire... that of the Black Aspect... they actually request help since the Scourge has overrun the place, but they don't seem too thankful. I guess when your master is Deathwing, you kinda forego the whole "kindness" thing. =P

THE WRATHGATE. Leads to Icecrown where Arthas is. >=) (Though Icecrown is the last zone that has yet to be open to the beta testers.)

Stepped briefly into Crystalsong Forest; seems pretty. =)

Dalaran, as seen from the ground, floating in the skies above Crystalsong.

How... original. =P I wonder if Illhoof knows the Goblins stole that design. ^_-

I... have no idea where this was, but it was somewhere in Dragonblight. =P Beautiful, though!


(2 above) Shots of the Ruby Dragonshire, of the Red Aspect. Scourge got in here, too. =\



(3 above) Shots from and of the bridge leading out of Dragonblight into Grizzly Hills. Having done all the Dragonblight quests, I chose to complete a quest I had leading me here, and I'll end up making this my next zone. I keep hearing it's a lot like Canada... >.>

Likin' it already. =)

An Alliance outpost? =P Man, the Horde sure seem to have a ton of pride out here!